If you are looking to become a makeup artist and want to work in the Hollywood, then you study in a top school for special effects makeup for film and TV. Special effects have become one of the specialized fields in cosmetology.
When you attend a course or training for special effects makeup, you will learn HD ready techniques. Also, you will explore other techniques that can be handy in the modern-day cinema and TV such as period makeup, ageing makeup, face painting to name a few.
When you go to a special effects school, you learn to develop special effects on face including cuts, injuries, ageing, scars, and skin diseases. Learning these techniques can prove to be handy when you are looking for work in Hollywood.
What to expect when you attend a special effects makeup school
When you go to a special effects school, you get a chance to flex your creative muscles. Be sure that your school of choice offers value through beauty courses.
- It should provide one-on-one training with professionals from film and TV.
- It should teach you all the latest special effects makeup techniques. Many schools in the country have included 20-30 special effects makeup techniques in their syllabus.
- Students should be able to collaborate with international makeup artists through video.
- Students should receive career counseling and training at the school.
- School should help students land a job in film, TV, or theater after completion of their course/training at the school.
- Students should receive a certificate even if they are recruited only in a short course.
- The school should offer opportunities for students to assist makeup artists working on photo shoots, films, TV, and theaters for real life experience.
How to become a top makeup artist
Although you are going to go to makeup and cosmetology school for your education before you can jump into special effects makeup career, you need to learn on your own as well. Education will provide a solid background for you to grow into a top makeup artist but you will also need to use other means to learn the latest makeup techniques. See the tips below for help.
- Learn from the internet. If you go to YouTube, you will find many makeup channels. Some of these channels have included special effects makeup tutorials while others focus entirely on beauty. You can learn a great deal from these video tutorials. Make sure you follow some top artists there and watch every video they release.
- Pick up study material from your special effects school and explore it. You will notice that many students ignore this material, and they don’t bother digging deeper into it. If you do that hard work, you will be rewarded in your career.
- Make sure you learn about the safe and sanitary practice. Although your school will give you an introduction to makeup safety, you will need to study much on your own.
- Finally, you will come in contact with real clients during your training. Make sure you learn professionalism and etiquettes so that you can enjoy a good relationship with your clients later in your career.
Photo by vancouverfilmschool
Photo by DerrickT
Photo by vancouverfilmschool